Provide oversight and management of training for all safety related items for the Sanctuary. Conduct safety inspections and ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies including TWRA, TOSHA, OSHA and other related entities. Manage all items related to safety and providing a safe environment for employees, guests, visitors and volunteers.
- Supervised by the Director of Facilities Development
- Position Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
- Pre-employment Requirements: Drug Test, TB Test, Health Screen for N95 Mask, Valid Driver's License
- Once employed, is subject to Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, E-Verify and random Drug Tests and annual TB Test
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities Development:
- Prepare and administer staff training programs and presentations.
- Coordinate new hire and annual training for use of ATV’s.
- Ensure appropriate staff trained on use of TES equipment and vehicles including chainsaws, tractors, skid steers and scissor lifts.
- Provide basic safety training to all staff on proper lifting of heavy weight, first aid, CPR, MSDS (how to use, where to locate), etc.
- Personal Protection Equipment (eye protection, ear protection, harnesses, and respiratory protection both TB and non TB related).
- Conduct new employee orientation and provide new employee TB education.
- Coordinate and manage required annual TB education program for all staff.
- Facilitate and choreograph safety drills and emergency preparedness exercises.
- Prepare new safety policies and procedures and update existing procedures as needed.
- Maintain all MSDSs to ensure they are complete, accurate, and up to date.
- Ensure all signage is accurate, complete, and visible.
- Monitor chemical storage and ensure all chemicals are properly labeled.
- Maintain and update employee TB records.
- Facilitate TB screening, physicals, and mask fit testing.
- Monitor and restock Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Manage and provide oversight for OSHA visits along with the Director of Facilities.
- Conduct regularly scheduled inspections on fire extinguishers, first response trailer and other firefighting equipment.
- Establish and maintain regular inspection process for all heavy equipment including ATV and all other vehicles.
- Conduct regularly scheduled inspections on light equipment (ladders, extension cords, small tools, etc.).
- Observe all safety methods and procedures to assess risk and offer solutions/improvements to safety processes.
- Develop and monitor process for lock out tag out for all equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Prerequisites
- Two years experience as a Safety Officer or related position.
- Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- One year of experience and knowledge of OSHA, TOSHA and other related regulatory agencies, processes and safety regulations.
At-Will Employment: The State of Tennessee and The Sanctuary recognize all employment to be ‘at-will’. This means that you, the employee, as well as The Sanctuary can terminate employment at any time, with or without advance notice and with or without cause.
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is our policy to treat you and all employees equally without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drug Free Workplace: The Sanctuary is a drug, alcohol, and tobacco free workplace and prohibits all employees from using non-prescribed drugs, alcohol or tobacco in any form while on duty.
Employees are subject to E-Verify to assure they are eligible to work in the United States.
Forward your resume and cover letter to
Email: email@example.com or
No telephone calls please. All applications will be held in strict confidence.